Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

You're Invited to a Blog Party

.

The food blogging world already has a good number of events: SHF, IMBB?, EoMEoTE, WBW and so on. Does it really need one more?

I think it does, and here it is.

Introducing the very first "Blog Party"...a once a month, virtual cocktail party!

Each month, food bloggers can come together for drinks and appetizers, without actually having to get dressed up, find babysitters, and put up with boring chit chat. Instead, people who clearly have common insterests can eat and drink from the comfort of their own computer chairs.

I love finger foods. Matt and I will prepare entire meals from appetizer recipes. And while we don't consume alcohol, I still like to mix drinks, using flavored syrups, fruit juice and more.
So why not combine two of my favorite things...hor d'oeuvres and friendly bloggers...in one event?

Here's the deal: every third Thursday of the month, post a recipe for an appetizer and a drink. The drink can be either alcohol, or non-alcohol, based. Send me your entry, and I'll set the table the following Saturday, including music recommendations and decorating suggestions. It's a sip and nip party for bloggers!

Some months may have themes, others will be straight-up food and fun. I'll announce the particulars this Thursday...stay tuned!

Past Parties:

Blog Party#1: The Inagural Round

Blog Party#2: Tiki Party

Blog Party#3: Big Game Night

Blog Party#4: The Holiday Edition

Blog Party#5: Vegas, Baby!

Blog Party#6: Retro Party

Blog Party#7: Red & Hot

Blog Party#8: Brunch: Worth Getting Up Late For

Blog Party#9: Dessert? Well, Just a Bite

See the rest of the parties here.

17 Thoughts for food:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Great idea stephaine I can't wait for the details!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joining in...

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Count me in. Are you going to actually make the recipe submissions, or just your own?

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a fun idea!! Who doesn't love finger foods!?!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Alice...I agree! Appetizers, or whatever you choose to call them, may be my favorite course. And Matt has a weird eating thing...it's as if there's an internal clock for him, and as soon as he starts eating, the clock, or timer, begins. There's no set time, but he knows that once he starts eating, he only has so much time before he can't eat anything else (don't you wish we all had this 'problem'?). Which means, if Matt's going to have an actual meal, to be really able to finish it, he can't 'waste' time by eating an hor d'oeuvre or two. Which is why we try to creat meals out of little bites...it's the only way he can enjoy them!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweetnicks: actually, bloggers should make the recipe, and post a picture along with their post. It's pretty much like any other event that way.

I wish I had time to make them all...but my little family might get annoyed with me if I spent that much time in the kitchen!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger boo_licious said...

Stephanie, sounds like fun too. Do count me in.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Yea! I always want to make appetizers, but am typically more concerned with getting dinner on the table. How fun!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

boo_licious and Becky...I think it'll be fun, too!

I look at it like this: we all work hard. We take care of our spouses, kids, jobs...but once in a while, it's nice to just do something for us. This gives us a chance to make something we enjoy, sit back with a drink (cold or hot, up to you!), and relax for a bit.

And we don't generally make these kinds of foods, no. Which just seems to wrong...time to make them a bit more, oh...I don't know...ordinary?

And remember, the next time you do have a party, you'll have a pile of recipes to choose from!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

Wow, this sounds like fun. I am always running out of ideas for appetizers so this will be a learning experience!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nupur...my thoughts exactly! I'm always on the look-out for new recipes for little bites, too.

Nicole...you know I'm more than willing to give you a 'pass'! But keep in mind; a slice of cheese and a pepperoni on a Ritz cracker can be an appetizer. You may be able to work it in, after all.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Argh! I love this. And there I was getting all pissy about memes and events and stuff.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase can we dress up. I live in the most casually dressed city in the world. Maybe people who want to can post a pic of themselves having a snack and a drink for the "blog" party on their own site.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anthony, if you've got a top hat and cane...wear 'em with pride.

Seriously, I think that's a great idea. If anyone wants to dress up (or down...up to you) and add that picture to their post, I'm all for it!

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

hmmm, nobody invited me, but I have the thickest face, "can I join" :-)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Grace, of course you're invited!

I'll be announcing the theme for Blog Party #4 this weekend! Stay tuned...

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun! Please tell me you'll be continuing in 2006; I'd love to join in!

Happy holidays!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tania; take heart: there's a new Blog Party coming in just a few days!

I announce the theme-of-the-month on the first, so check back here in a couple days to see what I have planned for January!

And we'd love to have you join us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker