Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Salutations and Congratulations

.



My father-in-law recently celebrated two events: his sixty-ninth birthday, and his retirement from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

My mother-in-law wondered if I would make a cake...? Of course I would

Another recipe from Perfect Cakes, I made Shoggitorte.

A chocolate genoise, sliced into two layers, and filled and topped with a dark chocolate mousse (I used powdered agar instead of gelatin). The cake is finished off with milk chocolate shavings.



Just five of us, so obviously the cake went over well!

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

What a yummy looking cake! When I first saw the photo I thought it was a German chocolate cake, but mousse and chocolate shavings....mmmm!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cathy!

Nah...no German chocolate cake (although that's not a true 'German' cake, trust me); we don't like coconut!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Awesome looking cake! Looks very tasty and big!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe. It was big; about nine and a half inches around. But not as sweet or heavy as I'd feared.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I know you are conspiring against me... there is a bakery there is a chocolate tart... no no no no

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Go on...give in!

Actually, I never have more than a small slice of anything I make. I let Matt, the in-law's, the letter carrier...have the rest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker