Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Breakfast with the Stars!

.



Well, folks; I'm afraid it's terminal. Our camera must be replaced. Sigh...

Thank you for suggesting other brands; one way or another, we'll be getting one.

Now...back to business.

I got a new cookbook this week; Taste of Home's Favorite Brand Name Recipes (2005). I've been getting books from the Taste of Home people for years, because I give my mother a subscription to their magazine.

The recipes are definitely more homey than what you'd find in Gourmet or Food & Wine, often coming from readers.

And while I don't cook that way on a regular basis, I do find recipes I want to make.

This new book was no exception. I was running a mental list of things I wanted to try when I came across this Peanut Butter Coffee Cake.

I made it that night!

More or less standard coffee cake recipe, with the addition of peanut butter. But the topping was different...peanut butter, brown sugar, flour and melted butter mixed together to make a crumbly top.

Really nice cake; moist and dense. And it's peanut butter!

And the explanation for the above picture: our guest bathroom upstairs, when (ever) finished, will be 'Glamorous Old Hollywood'. The photos of Clark and Rita, along with a shot of Bette Davis and Reginald Gardiner from The Man Who Came to Dinner, a solo shot of Myrna Loy, as well as one of Loy with William Powell and Skippy (Asta) from a publicity shot of The Thin Man, will adorn the mauve and gold walls. When we finally get around to it!
For now, the photos live above the fireplace in the dining room.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I for one, wouldn't mind having my current camera die on me too. While it's pretty decent, it still has its shortcomings. I have my eye on a certain Sony digicam, now I'm just waiting for the perfect excuse to get it!

Can't wait for you to get your new camera so that I can see your peanut butter coffee cake. It sounds fantastic!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I know I won't be able to get one of those fabulous, four hundred dollar, food cuisine-setting cameras, anything has to be better than what we have. As Matt recently pointed out, the technology is better and less expensive all the time, and what we got over two years ago was already out-of-date.


The cake's actually featured in the photo...clearly, I do need a new camera!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Hi Stephanie
that's a great idea .. to put pb in the streusel! :)

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, I wish I could claim it as my own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker