Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Non-food post

.

My cousin Ian, and one of my favorite people in the whole world, works for the National Democratic Institute. He's traveled all over the world, and just last night I received this from my Aunt:

Hi Everyone,

I am asking all of you to keep Ian in your thoughts and prayers the next 2 weeks. His job is taking him to Iraq.

He just told me about it last night. It is just for 2 weeks but I will be worried sick until he comes back. He said the Interim Government is in the process of writing a Constitution and he is going there to help them set up a web site to keep the people informed of what they are doing. They are also hopeful that they can have the Iraqi people have some input on the web site. He assures me he will be safe he has at least 1 personal guard at all times. NDI has their own compound there that is heavily guarded and they only use their own armored cars to get anywhere. He will be doing most of his work at Iraq Government office which are in the Green Zone and they have been safe in the Green Zone so far. I told him to be on AOL Messenger as often as possible so I can see he is okay and not to bring home any souvenirs, Mason doesn’t need anything this time. So I might be a bit on edge for a few weeks but at least it is only a few weeks and he isn’t going there to be shot at like so many other people’s sons.


So...keep good thoughts of him, ok?

2 Thoughts for food:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I will put your cousin in my think good thoughts list....

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you so much!

He really believes in the work the NDI does, so of course he won't be concerned going there. He's kind of fearless, but I think that's what frightens my Aunt so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker