Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

No Need for Take-Out

.



Matt's had a hankering for Indian food lately. We'd planned to make some over the weekend, but I ended up with an ear infection and felt lousy. So what happened? Matt took charge, and made a wonderful dinner!

Borrowing heavily from Indira, he first made paneer (he already knew how to do that),then used Indira's recipes for saag paneer, and aloo korma, as well as murgh makhani (Veat pieces for me), from Madhur Jaffrey's Invitation to Indian Cooking.

Fabulous! It's still not quite like what we get at our favorite Indian restaurant, but it certainly was good.



And of course we had to have some sort of bread, so Matt made a batch of pooris, as well. Yum.

I got to recline on the couch, watch my Pirates get the tar beat out of them, and let someone else make dinner for a change...and I didn't even get stuck with much clean-up!

Thanks, honey...

10 Thoughts for food:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stehanie, 3 types of curries, fried rice and puris too. I am impressed. Matt must be a good cook and really loves Indian food.

I hope my measurements for curries are worked out ok for you guys. When I wrote those recipes I was still learning the terms etc.,

Yep, Restaurant food definitely tastes better because most of them tend to make the curry sauces with more butter/ghee and cream.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the misspell, Stephanie.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira: Matt's a very good cook. I choose to do all/most of the cooking, but he's certainly capable!

Your recipes were wonderful, thank you. I don't think he had any trouble .

Mmmm...ghee and cream.

Don't worry; I often skip letters when typing my own name!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Wow, I feel exhausted and my feet ache after doing something basic like icing a cake and making a quiche. I have to have a little rest on the couch before I tackle the washing up. Matt has definitely impressed me with his cooking stamina!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Hope you're feeling better, Stephanie!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

What's your favorite Indian restaurant?

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Niki...Matt saved up his energy, because I usually cook dinner. He gets to throw himself into projects like this, or making sushi.

Sweetnicks...had a long visit to the doctor today, and have been given lots of drugs (!), so I'm hoping things improve, thanks!

Kevin...we absolutely love Kashmir, but are also perfectly happy with Sitar.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you will fell better soon, Stephanie.
(Sometimes its like I read but nothing registers in my brain except what I wanted. I totally concentrated on the food, ignoring your pain, what a bore I am.)

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira...don't worry yourself!

I'll be fine; I'm taking two different antibiotics, and I go back in a week. I'm sure it's all ok.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nic, Matt's going to hook you up!

I could give you an answer, but he's definitely the expert on Indian in our house. I'll both post it and mail it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker