Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Spice World

.



Another F&W recipe; Cinnamon-Ginger Cookies.

Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and black pepper; that's a lot of spices! But what kept this cookie from being like any number of spiced treats was the addition of maple syrup and vanilla soymilk or heavy cream, instead of molasses.

What I got was a flavorful, and light, cookie. Very crisp. Perfect with a cup of tea!

11 Thoughts for food:

At 2:04 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

These look really good! Well done mmmm

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you! They were very easy to make, which is always a plus. And Matt gets to call them 'breakfast', and have them with tea at work.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black Pepper, Cloves and Cardamom, sound very interesing and I never heard of these ingredients in cookies before.Could you please post or link me to the recipe, Stephanie.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I've posted the recipe in the comments section of your latest post...

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Ana said...

Interesting list of ingredients. Would you please send the recipe to ana4605-blogs.at.yahoo.ca?

Thanks

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'll get that out to you tonight...

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

What's with the soy milk?

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anthony, I honestly don't know. I thought it an odd ingredient, as well.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Daily Veg Stephanie: desserts are just so much more fun!

Wow...giving up sugar. More than once. It would take a medical decree (and even then, we're talking about a big 'maybe') before I could do that.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Nic said...

I agree - giving up sugar? Scary thought!
By the way, Stephanie, I love F&W recipes.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You said it, Nic!

I agree; Food & Wine has some good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker