Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tonight's theme is 'Make Room'!

.



I'm planning to make ice cream this week. Having used the ice cream maker enough times, I knew I needed to freeze the cylinder ahead of time. Which isn't a big deal, until you've seen our freezer!

Having no other options, I told Matt we needed to clear some things out of there; I had a feeling we'd both forgotten what was actually in there.

I used up a lone sheet of puff pastry with some Veat 'chicken', smoked Gouda and veggie bacon, as well as cooking up some frozen hash browns, just to get them out of there.

I suggested to Matt that he make some pasta, with left-over arrabiata sauce, and some sausage from the freezer. He liked the idea, and used a mint lamb sausage.

He got a good, spicy dish (that sauce is hot, you know), as well as lunch for tomorrow. And I got enough freeze space to chill the ice cream maker!

So, look for an ice cream post, as well as some Mediterranean dishes, coming up.

5 Thoughts for food:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

cant wait for the ice creeam recipes!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Sounds exactly like our dinner last night! ;)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Clare...I just hope the darn thing works. Last time I attempted ice cream, it wouldn't freeze. I'm hoping it has something to do with the custard itself, and not my machine. I mean, it's only three or so years old!

I read your post, Sweetnicks, and thought the exact thing!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.... I need lots of good evidence so that I can show the boy why we need one ;)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, I could use it! And I think you'll like the recipe...should be up by the end of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker