Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Sugar High Friday #10---Oh, Honey!

.

Graham Cracker Honey Ice Cream/S'Mores Sundae



So many options! One of the reasons I love Sugar High Fridays so much is all the choices...this month's food fest is hosted by the always-charming Nic of bakingsheet

I finally decided to make ice cream, then had to whittle down the list of recipes I'd found.

Graham Cracker Honey Ice Cream

Interesting recipe; graham crackers, ground to powder, along with eggs, milk, powdered milk, cream, vanilla, and of course...honey! I used the honey pictured above; it's from a farm in my home town (picked up on my last trip to PA). Chunks of graham cracker are added at the very end.

It took less than 25 minutes to churn, making this one of the faster ice cream recipes I've made.

Top ice cream with melted chocolate (in this case, it just had to be Hershey's!) and a spoonful of marshmallow fluff.


(I, once again, apologize for the low-quality photo. My camera refuses to take pictures of white foods.)

Mmmm...S'mores in a bowl!

Matt's review: The ice cream tasted like honey graham crackers, so, as expected, it went very well with marshmallow and chocolate. The only thing wrong with the sundae is that he should have put more cream in the ganache.

19 Thoughts for food:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Nic said...

This is my dream dessert. Anythign with s'mores, really. Fantastic entry, Stephanie! Thanks for participating!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Nic! I was considering doing a honey-saffron ice cream, but I'm pretty happy with this one.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Yum
I am so glad that your icecream worked! It obviously want your icecream maker after all :) which you must be happy about...

Now all I have to do is convince the boy about how desperately we need one too!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're right; I'm thrilled it wasn't the machine! Clearly, it was that particular recipe.

What sorts of things does the boy like to eat? Maybe I can present you with a list of fabulous recipes containing his favorite ingredients?! Let me know...

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Joycelyn said...

hi stephanie, that sounds, looks, and am sure tastes fabulous...cheers,j

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, J! With this heat and humidity, ice cream is the perfect thing to make...and since it's just too hot to actually go camping, S'mores sundaes works well.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I can't wait to try this one...

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Stephen!

It was such a simple recipe, and think of the possibilities!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, that truly does sound wonderful! The s'mores idea is ingenious.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Alice!

I saw so many honey ice cream recipes, but I thought this one was just so...neat.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Hi Stephanie - oh, that does sound good! I haven't had marshmallow fluff since I was a kid, but a s'mores sundae... I may have to go get some!

P.S. - about the photo - did you turn your flash off? Close-ups of food just don't seem to work with a flash.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Cathy!

I use marshmallow fluff in my cookie frosting, so I (almost) always have some around.

I think it's just the camera...it's crap. Without the flash, the picture's too dark. It usually only happens with white foods...so, forget rice, potatoes, ice creams...sigh.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, this sounds really good. definitely better than my buttermilk-honey sorbet attempt which should be filed under the "Don't Try This" category. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, thank you, Stef!

This recipe really couldn't have been easier; do give it a try!

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic idea Stephanie. I'm sure I'll be trying that one.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Liz...I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Ana said...

Beautiful dessert Stephanie. I also have an ice-cream maker which I do not use often enough.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Ana!

I think our biggest issue (although not the only one) is space...space in the freezer to chill the bowl! Fortunately, we're on a minimal-ingredient kick (for dinners), so we have a little bit of room now.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Jennifer!

This recipe is simplicity itself. And with a honey-graham ice cream, it practically screamed for chocolate and marshmallow fluff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker