Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Guests and Sushi

.



A school friend of Matt's who had moved away when they were still in high school recently moved back to the area (he and his wife are Katrina evacuees), so it was only right we invite them to dinner.

Problem was, I was completely out of ideas. I hadn't a clue what to feed them. Inspiration? What's that?

With less than a week till dinner, it hit me: sushi. We hadn't made it in a very long time, and we do love an excuse to use all of our lovely dishes!



Ginger-Tofu Wontons. Addictive little suckers, trust me.



Carrot and Kappa Maki



Inari and Tomago (using our new Joyce Chen pan)



Mmmm...Avocado Maki!



Can't have sushi without a big bowl of edamame, can you?



Because there might not be enough food, Chicken Teriyaki.



Typical white-based food picture: Lemon-Rosemary Sorbet. Very nice.




They might not look like much, but these babies are Fabulous. Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies, using vanilla sugar, vanilla extract, and the seeds of two very large, very plump, vanilla beans. Amazing little cookies.

Blog Party#10 is less than two weeks away, and this month we're having a Garden Party! Cute little sandwiches, and that perfect cup of tea...won't you join us? Entries are due 18 May, just two weeks from today...can't wait to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

3 Thoughts for food:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow! That's quite the spread! Looks amazing!

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!I love,love sushi.Delish.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Becky and Emily...thanks!

It's been ages since we've made sushi, and with friends coming for dinner, it was a good excuse to trot out all those cute dishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker