Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Blogging By Mail Is Back!!

.



The prodigal event returns!!!

After an absence of many months, and much cajoling (and begging and pestering) on my part, Nic of Bakingsheet has agreed to resuscitate Blogging by Mail!

Better yet, she's putting me in charge...oh, goody!

If you've never heard of Blogging by Mail, here's the basics.

Food bloggers from all over the world swap treats and baked good, recipes and more, sending care packages to new friends.

Cookies, cakes, jellies, breads, candies, teas and coffees, music, cookbooks, photos...anything you want to share.

Everyone who joins in will be given a swap partner to whom they'll send a package. Fill it with your favorite goodies, your prize-winning cookies, local specialties, whatever you want.

Remember though, many of these packages will be in postal purgatory for a while, so delicate pastries or 'best when fresh' goods probably aren't the best choices!

Here's a look at some previous packages, for reference.

If you'd like to join the fun, send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com with the following information:

Your Name

Your Blog's Name

Your Blog's URL

Your Email Address

Your 'Real' Address

Are You Willing to Ship Internationally?

Any Strong Dislikes, Likes, Allergies, Etc


Do let me know if you'd prefer to swap with someone from your own country, or if you're ok shipping overseas. Just plan your packages accordingly if you do!


Sign-up's will be from now until 25 August; all packages should be shipped by 15 September.

When you get your swap package in the mail, be sure to write up a post, so we can all see what kind of goodies you got.

I'll be keeping track of everyone and their packages, so let me know both when you've shipped your package, as well as received your swap partner's.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. And I do hope you'll sign-up to swap...you'll make a new friend, and who doesn't love getting real mail?





Blog Party#13 is coming, and this month, we're turning off the heat and preparing cool appetizers and drinks!

Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 17 August...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 19th, and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + +

17 Thoughts for food:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to participate in the blogging by mail. But I am leaving the country on the 14 September and will be gone until the end of October. I will mainly be at one address. What do you think? Could that work? I could mail a package before I leave or from where I'm going and assuming I can work out the details of recieving a package where we will be staying.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tanna, I'm sure we can work something out!

You could easily ship you package out prior to leaving the US, and if you really are going to be in one place for a period of time, I could let your swap partner know about the circumstances, and do my best to make sure it got to you before you came back.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Daudau; as long as you have a blog...of any kind...you're eligible!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Karen Baking Soda said...

I already sent you my info, but wanted to thank you for hosting this event, I can imagine it is lots of work, so thumbs up and thank you!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Baking soda...I got it, thanks!

Let's just say I love a challenge!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kat, well, at least three rounds of BBM and several EBBP have come and gone, and to the best of my knowledge, there've been no incidents; won't you reconsider?

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Erinna said...

I thought I left this comment the other day, but it seems to have vanished.

Anyway, I just said that this sounds like fun! :)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Erin, it really is!

I'd love for you to join in...too bad your famous meatballs wouldn't be ship-able!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Erinna said...

That is too bad...they're about the most fabulous think I make. ;) I've been trying to figure out what I could do that *would* be shippable...

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Erin...cookies, candy, pound cakes, intersting local food items, your recipe for the meatballs, mixed CD's...all sorts of things could work!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger m3rni3 said...

Hi Stephanie,

I am all excited to learn about Blogging by Mail. I have sent you my details. Till I know who my swap partner is, I will think of what I could include in the package.

Hear from you! And kudos to you host!

Warm regards
Murnie

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Murnie!

I got your information, thanks!

It won't be too long before I start matching people up...

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ushka, as long as you have a blog, you can join!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger lindsey starr said...

Hi Stephanie- I am eager to participate, and glad I am getting in just under the wire. I sent you my info, and look forward to doing this.

My blog is not as much about food as I would like, but I am thinking that this might inspire a bit more! Thank you for hosting this.
~Lindsey

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I got it, Lindsey; you're in!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Timberlace Designs said...

Hello, while I am not new to blogging, I am very new to the whole food blogging network! But I am thrilled to find such neat people and amazing food! My blog is centered more around my family, with the occasional reference to food and recipes, but I think I am motivated to add more food-stuffs... I know I am too late for this blog by mail, but if you ever do it again, I would LOVE to participate! Thanks.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi, Bailey Girl!

Welcome! We're a pretty good bunch, if a bit obsessive when it comes to food.

If/when there is another round (and I sincerely hope there is), I'll be sure to post the information here for everyone to see...so, keep checking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker