Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The 'Key' to Happy Hands

.



Thank heavens for small favors; after all the Key limes I thinly sliced, and all the juice that came pouring out, discovering I had absolutely no cuts, nicks or scrapes on my hands or fingers was a very happy thing, indeed.

Last weekend, I learned the meaning of 'glee' when Cath took me to the Dekalb Farmer's Market, in Atlanta.

Wow. A store the size of a mega-mart, filled with produce, fish, meat, dry goods...and just fantastic.

Matt and I were in foodie heaven; we found whole turmeric root, and (hooray!) Kaffir lime leaves, and endless supplies of Key limes.

I'll have to check with Cath, because I may have done a little happy dance.

I love the flavor of lime. Key limes are even better.

But, like the Kaffir lime leaves, we just can't find them around here. And if we do, certainly not in the quantities we found at Dekalb.

So, I brought home three bags. Great; I have Key limes.



Now what the heck am I going to do with them?

First up, a Key Lime Marmalade, substituting limes for the lemons in this recipe.

I thought, surely I'll finish off a bag of the limes, at the very least. I mean, the recipe called for four cups of thinly sliced citrus.

To my surprise, and (almost) dismay, I used half a bag. That's it.

You'll be seeing a lot of Key lime dishes here over the next week or so!



isn't it pretty?




Blog Party#13 is coming, and this month, we're turning off the heat and preparing cool appetizers and drinks!

Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 17 August...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 19th, and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Alexis got us one of those seal-a-meal gadgets this weekend. She loves it but now I am afraid to sit still for 1 minute for fear that she'll suck-wrap me!


Chris
My Blog

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, being busy is a good thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker