Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bountiful (Bread) Basket

.



We received this lovely basket of artisanal breads as a gift from friends.

It could not have come at a better time, as we were somewhat swamped with pre-holiday tasks, and I had fallen under the weather.

We were about to resort to inexpensive, frozen pizzas and the like when these three gorgeous loaves arrived, saving us from meaningless calories and heartburn.

Instead, Matt and I dined on slices of avocado sandwiched between yummy bread for the next few days!

Much improved dinner plans, that's for sure.



Tagged with: + + + + + +

12 Thoughts for food:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

what a lovely basket! you have some thoughtful friends. :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That is a great and unique gift idea!

Hope you are feeling better!

Happy New Years!!

Chris
My Blog

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my kind of gift. It looks great. Those dipping spices are wonderful... we use them all of the time for artisan bread. Enjoy!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Sara said...

A very clever gift, much better than chocolates or wine in my opinion. Happy New Years!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Fiber said...

That is a lovely basket, and I'm sure the avocado pairing was just amazing.

Have a very Happy New Year!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Barbie!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Chris...and I am.

It was just a few days; I was probably run down from doing so much, plus Alex's latest school-induced virus/germ/whatever was really bad, so I was not able to escape unscathed.

But, yes...all better now. And Happy 2007 to you, too.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen...ooh, it's a wonderful gift.

Because, as much as I enjoy making my own bread...well, it takes time, and as evidenced by this blog's neglect; I just don't have it to spare!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy 2007 to you, Sara!

Well, neither of us drink, so wine would definitely be out. And chocolates...ok, I'm not going to say 'no' to a fine chocolate!

But bread? Bread is good.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Fiber! And a Happy New Year to you, as well.

Oh...I adore avocado. So, slices of ripe avocado on really good bread? Heavenly.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy New Year to you, and your family, Ulrike!!! I'm so happy we've gotten to know each other over the past year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker