Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Penne with Prosciutto and Parmesan

.



Matt protested (just in case his doctor was eavesdropping), but this incredibly simple and mighty tasty dish from the December issue of Gourmet still made it to the table.

Because it calls for prosciutto, and that's not really an option of me, I split the recipe in half, and used vegetarian bacon for mine.

That left a problem: we didn't have appropriately-sized baking dishes for the two, smaller amounts, so I improvised. That meant neither one developed the golden crunchy cheese layer.

But it was still pretty darn good. There's nothing spectacular about it; rather, it's like high-end comfort food.

Really, really, tasty comfort food...




You won't want to miss the most fabulous Blog Party ever, coming Saturday, 16 December! This month, we're going HOLLYWOOD...Lights, Camera, Action! RSVP by THIS Thursday, 14 December; hope to see you there.



Tagged with: + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Oh my word does this sound good Steph!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe...it really was. If you can forget you're eating a large quantity of cream and salted meat? Fantastic!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yummy!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That about sums it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker