Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, December 22, 2006

I'm back! And I've brought cookies...

.



I want to thank everyone who sent well-wishes. Even with the magical healing powers of Sambucol, whatever Alex had was too strong for my immune system, and I needed a few days of doing nothing.

Unfortunately, once I did that, I had to shift to over-drive, as Christmas was fast approaching.

I decided to just take a break from blogging this week, to concentrate on getting better, and make all those cookies I'd promised myself I'd crank out this year. (don't worry, I practically scrubbed my hands raw, what with all the cleaning and santizing)

I promise to get the Blog Party round-up posted either late tonight, or early tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's some cookies for you...enjoy!



Mint Truffle Bars


Pistachio Fingers


Choco-Caramel Delights


Lemon Butter Cookies


Chocolate-Almond Biscotti


Chocolate-Covered Coffee Bean Cookies


Kolachy


Chocolate Rugelach


Walnut 'Balls'


Holly Berry Cookies


Chocolate Chip Cookies



Tagged with: + + +

13 Thoughts for food:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Libbycookie said...

It's all about the choco-caramel delights...! Glad to hear you are feeling better. xoxo Libby

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

That is a wonderful spread of cookies! Despite the fact that I've been baking up a storm this month, I never tire of sweets, it's a problem...

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Libby...they are one of my absolute favorites, too!

I mean...chocolate cookie, rolled in pecans, then filled with caramel and drizzled with chocolate?

Can you say 'heaven'??

And thanks!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn; Thank you!

I never eat them, of course, but I have to bake. I cut a couple of recipes out, since Christmas is practically here, and I have a Christmas day brunch to prepare, but I'm rather pleased with that tray!

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Chris...and right back at you!

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cookies look wonderful.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Peabody!

Although there's still a pumpkin roll to be made, as well as your Mint Kiss Meringues, which Matt is very excited about!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger beth said...

glad you're feeling better!

would you be willing to share/point to recipes for any of these? i'm thinking a few of them may make it into my annual Christmas cookie rotation.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw man those all look so good!
i'm especially eyeing the mint truffle bars :D

glad you're feeling better!:D

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Erinna said...

Some of us would love that chocolate chip cookie recipe...hint, hint. ;)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Beth!

Normally, I'm beyond happy to share my recipes with people.

But I confess to a certain territorial feeling when it comes to my Christmas cookies!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Trini!

Alex announced the mint truffle bars his favorite this year. The kid loved them.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Erin;

Ha!

I promise to send some to you soon, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker