Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

'B' is for "Brrrr' and 'Blueberry'

.



Alex is a fruit monster. Cartons of berries disappear the day they're purchased. Melons last only as long as it takes to cut them up. The kid inhales fruit.

One of his favorite fruits is blueberries.

While shopping over the weekend, Matt noticed both strawberries and blueberries at the grocery store. They not only looked good, but were reasonably priced. So, he grabbed a couple cartons of both. You know, now. When the weather finally starts behaving accordingly. Two weeks ago, my flower bulbs were breaking through the ground. Today, I'm freezing.

Alex came home and informed me that he wanted blueberry muffins, because we now had the berries (earlier requests had been met with 'well, that's nice, but it's not blueberry season').

Turning once again the Williams-Sonoma Baking book, these gorgeous muffins made their debut to an appreciate audience. Words like 'yummy' and 'delicious' were being thrown around.

By an almost-four year old, mind you, but still praise.

Fairly basic recipe, although the addition of 1 tsp. cinnamon surprised me.

Their recipe 'made' 16 regular muffins. Using my jumbo pan, I got six. Someone's math is off.









Tagged with: + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine only like apples and bananas! Blueberries only in blueberry muffins, and mashed (!) strawberries

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Alex has yet to meet a fruit he didn't like.

Once, when we went to this Asian sushi/Mongolian grill place, he ate 19 lychees!!

I never get to eat fruit, because he truly does inhale it all.

Ok, I always keep back a few grapefruit for me, but Alex gets all the berries and melons...

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Great pics! I love blueberry muffins. And blueberries, I like eating them frozen.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Sorry this isn't specifically about your blog, but maybe you can help... I've lurked for a while (I love your photos!) and have often gone to some of your recommended links. The one for "dexygus" is saying that you need a password to access it. Can that be true? I'm almost positive I've been to her site before (she has the cats, I think?) Do you have a way for me to contact her to request access? Thanks, much!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn; the one problem?

Alex has an allergic reaction to them!

Right now, he has 'burn' marks along both sides of his mouth, where the berries touched his skin.

It's been so long since we let him have them, I'd completely forgotten!

Poor thing; he really loves blueberries.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Buzzgirl!

When she and I talked recently (yes, she's the one with many cats), she mentioned she might be abandoning the blog.

and as a matter of fact, last time I tried to access her blog, I got the password prompt, too.

I should be getting an email from her soon, and I'll find out what's what, ok?

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it would just be a shame if she abandoned her blog. Her food not only sounded delicious, but her photos often made me want to lick my monitor!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Buzzgirl...I'm with you!

Bad news, though, I'm afraid. She is going to shut it down. Just too much to keep it up for her. I'm as disappointed as you are.

After all, I started this blog because of her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker