Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Italian-ish

.



A good sign life is returning to normal? Food prep has nothing to do with chocolate, candy decorations, or anything else holiday-related.



We hadn't actually planned a menu, but I was ready to do some 'normal' cooking. Normal is the watch-word.

Practically from memory, I made a batch of focaccia, so I needed something vaguely Italian to go with.



Soup sounded good, so I kind of felt my way around, making a nice garlic-based broth, and added tinned tomatoes and cooked potatoes. A rind from some cheese we consumed in December also made an appearance, followed by a grating of Asiago on top.

Very simple, very home-y, very satisfying. Back to life as we know it.




This month, we're keeping things Black & White.

Our canapes, our drinks; everything in Black & White.

The party is Saturday, 20 January; please 'RSVP' by Thursday, 18 January, with your entries. (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)

For more information about Blog Party, please visit the 'help' page here.

Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker