Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Chocolate Chip Muffins: Not for Breakfast

.



When I get a new cookbook or cooking magazine, I grab a pad of sticky tabs, and mark the pages of (all) the recipes I want to try. I don't always get to them (all), but it saves time flipping through, thinking 'I know there's a recipe for (fill in the blank) here some where'.

Often, after I've done this, I will hand the publication to Matt and ask him to pick what he wants (from the already marked pages).

From the Williams-Sonoma Baking book, he marked these chocolate chip muffins.

A very chocolatey, and very dense, cake-like muffin. Only half a cup of flour for a recipe that allegedly makes a dozen. As I now make my muffins and cupcakes in the jumbo or mini pan, I can't say. But I'm willing to guess it makes less.
In any case, I got four, count 'em, FOUR, muffins from the jumbo pan.

And holy mackerel; these things were not meant as breakfast food. Dessert, maybe. If your dinner was a light salad, no dressing.

Seriously chocolate.




Tagged with: + + + + +

11 Thoughts for food:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Chocolate has no calories, right? These look like the thing to share with your nearest and dearest.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those jumbo pans are isanley huge tough. i even think that the "regular" size ends up rather large

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Go big or go home! I love that it only made 4 muffins, (cakes...).

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I wish that I could like chocolate. I just don't care for it at all. In fact, I don't do dessert period. I'm going to have to get over that one day...


Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Elle, oh, I do wish that were true!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anny: I actually hate my regular-sized pans. Unlike the jumbo and mini, the muffins and cupcakes always come out so...flat, in the regular pans.
Then again, maybe I just need new pans!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn; I know!!

usually, it works out that the jumbo pans makes half as many as the recipe for regular pans. This was nuts.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie...a little too much for that hour, I'm afraid!

For me, anyway.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've often wondered what the real difference is between muffins and cupcakes. Either way, those muffins look fantastic!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen...I honestly don't know. Maybe it's categorized by 'dessert' or 'breakfast' and 'dinner'?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker