Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Christmas Left-Overs

.



I still have photos kicking around from Christmas; might as well get them out there.

For Christmas day, I hosted a brunch at our house for the family. Above, a tropical fruit granola.



Maple Sticky Rolls



Vanilla-Hazelnut Mini French Toast



Latkes



Oranges with Pomegranates and Ginger



Christmas Eve day, we spent with my mom, step-dad, and youngest sister in North Carolina. My Mom made a lovely vegetarian dish for dinner; acorn squash, filled with a sage-mashed potato and baked, on a bed of wild rice in an amazing wine sauce, which was served on wilted spinach, and served with the best reduction sauce I've ever tasted.



I never bake cut-out cookies, mainly because I hate decorating them. This year, though, I decided to go ahead. I let Matt and Alex decorate half





while I took over the rest.




This should officially put the holidays behind us. Well, except for Valentine's, and Mardi Gras, and St. Patrick's day...




This month, we're keeping things Black & White.

Our canapes, our drinks; everything in Black & White.

The party is Saturday, 20 January; today is the Last day to 'RSVP' with your entries. (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)

For more information about Blog Party, please visit the 'help' page here.

Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yummy!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger J said...

I had such fun throwing my first blog party. Shame I didn't read the bit about fingerfood before I did a whole meal. Whoops! Call it beginner's enthusiam!
Thank you for setting this up Stephanie, J
http://haveforkwilltravel.blogspot.com/2007/01/black-and-white-picture.html

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Mini French Toast. YUM!!!!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie...you really can't go wrong with the French toast; it's amazing.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

J; it's ok!

I usually do three or four things, myself. Preschooler colds got in the way this time, I'm afraid.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm, and you hope you'll come back next month, too!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jen, the Vanilla Hazelnut french toast are frakkin' amazing; no lie. Served with Nutella, instead of syrup, because they're really more savory than sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker