Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Blog Party#21: Let's Have a Picnic

.



Here in Tennessee it's absolutely beautiful. Sunny skies, trees and flowers in bloom, warm weather without the buzz-kill of humidity (for the moment). Everything sings "Spring is here! And Summer's coming, soon!".
A walk through the produce section of a nicer grocery store proves it, with gorgeous tomatoes, berries and melons.

This is the time of year I most want to be outside. Within a month, it will be so humid I'll not dare venture out of my air conditioned bubble. But right now, an afternoon spent on blanket-covered field, the sun beating down on my SPF-smeared face, and a picnic lunch are exactly what I wish for.



So for April's Blog Party, we're having a picnic. A picnic of bite-sized sandwiches, spoonfuls of cold salads, and icy drinks.

This month, think of all your favorite picnic foods, and cut them down to size! You'll want both a beverage and an an appetizer, don't forget.

For those new to Blog Party, or anyone needing a refresher course, read on:




What, in my opinion, qualifies as cocktail food:


  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as
    individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten
    in less than four bites would be accepted.


All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 19 April: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on Saturday, 21 April.


Still have questions? Here's a fairly helpful guide.


Hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + + +
+ + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made mini hot dog (or mini sausage burgers), with a cider jelly drink for the picnic.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I got it, thanks!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am with Bruschetta from Farmhouse Bread and Iced Tea Punch. I served it on my terrace. You need a sunny spot to spent the afternoon on a blanked-covered field. There are so many clouds in front of the sun, although I'm blond and blue-eyed, I need no SPF today!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wonderful, Ulrike! thanks so much for coming...sorry the weather isn't quite picnic-ready there, but it'll be 80 degrees here Saturday; you'll definitely need that SPF!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker