Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 09, 2007

As close to Santa Fe as I'm likely to get

.



A few weeks ago, I watched an episode of Giada's Weekend Getaways where she travels to Sante Fe, New Mexico. In addition to discovering this is a place I'd really like to visit, she was served (at some point in the trip) a most wonderful breakfast burrito.

It looked so simple, but brilliant. And I knew I had to make it for Matt.

Bacon and hash browns (I used a nice peppery bacon and latkes) are wrapped in a corn tortilla (ours were small, so I used two), topped first with grated cheese (orange, as Alex calls it) and then a fried egg. The whole thing is finished under the broiler, till the cheese melts.

I had the luxury of cooking the bacon and potatoes earlier in the day, so all I had to do when Matt got home was fry the egg, assemble, and broil.

It's so easy, and Matt loved it. So much so that I didn't actually see him eat it. I mean, I set it down for him, left the room to do something, and when I returned? Plate was clean.

For it's simplicity, and the fact he told me he'd definitely eat this again, I think this breakfast burrito will definitely show up again.



Blog Party#20 is underway, and this month, we're taking on the Shower! Turn fabulous treats into bite-sized party food, and stock up on fruit juice, because March is all about food and drinks for the Bridal or Baby Shower.

All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later
than Thursday, 15 March: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on St. Patrick's day, 17 March. Hope you'll join us!




Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I did not see that episode but I am certainly going to have to try that. It looks great!


Chris
My Blog

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I would so love that breakfast burrito!!!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want THAT fried egg! The picture is killing me!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

gosh that looks yummy!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger ilingc said...

Please Stephanie, could I have some of that..right now?? ;)

I'm just about to go home and gosh the look of that breakfast burrito has just spiked the hunger in my tummy..

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Do try it, Chris. It's so easy, and Matt loved it.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

MKiHC; you should make it; it's no trouble at all, and from Matt's reaction, really, really, good!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, Tigerfish, I'm afraid that egg is long-gone...but I'm sure you could replicate one of your own!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie...it really does, doesn't it?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Iling...like grocery shopping, it's never a good idea to read food blogs while hungry!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker