Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pasta Shells with Smoked Chicken & Artichoke Cream

.



My in-laws took turns visiting my brother- and sister-in-law a couple weeks ago (she's on bed rest, poor girl), and while my MIL was away, we fed Matt's dad.

I'd found this recipe in (I think) March's Bon Appetit.

It's so easy; shells are mixed with smoked chicken (getting use of that stove top smoker I bought Matt centuries ago), halved cherry tomatoes, and a sauce of cream and pureed artichoke bottoms. I'm sure there were other things in it, but I honestly can't recall what.

It was a huge hit. For as quickly as it came together, this recipe will likely be trotted out as casual company food again.




Blog Party#20 is underway, and this month, we're taking on the Shower! Turn fabulous treats into bite-sized party food, and stock up on fruit juice, because March is all about food and drinks for the Bridal or Baby Shower.

All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later
than Thursday, 15 March: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on St. Patrick's day, 17 March. Hope you'll join us!




Tagged with: + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

MMmmmmmm

I'll have to try that because as you can tell from last week's entry....I love smoking meat.

Suggestion - Take your favorite chicken salad recipe and use smoked chicken instead of regular. I love it!


Chris
My Blog

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Peabody said...

I was totally looking at this recipe...now it is a must.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger ilingc said...

smoked chicken, cherry tomatoes and creamy (mustardy - is that mustard i see?) sauce.. thats my favourite combo!

ok, I really need food now.. :(

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Chris.

We've actually done that...I try to get Matt to smoke chicken on a regular basis, and keep it around, so I can add it to all sorts of things for him.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Peabody, both my FIL and Matt loved this...I know pasta in cream sauce disappears rather quickly, but this one went in no time at all!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Iling, actually, it's pureed artichoke hearts. Made for a fantastic sauce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker