Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blog Party#20: Showers Everywhere

.


It seems to me that every year right about now, I start getting invitations. Invitations to a baby shower. Or a bridal shower (in some cases, both at the same time!). Spring is just around the corner in the United States, and many a June bride or May mom-to-be will soon find herself surrounded by toilet tissue veils or diaper cakes.

Showers are fun; it's a chance to celebrate a major event in a friend or loved one's life. But for me, of course, it's also about the food.

The very first time I tried a spinach & strawberry salad was at my friend Jackie's wedding shower. I loved it!

But for every find, there's always four or five really bad dishes. Some gloppy, gelatinous mess; a dish or dessert that somehow ends up on every shower buffet. In my case, there was that obnoxious mixture of canned fruit cocktail, Cool Whip, and (colored) miniature marshmallows. Some call it 'Ambrosia'. As Matt says, the only connection between that mess and the 'food of the gods' is that humans should be forbidden from eating it.

We here at Blog Party say, it's time to stop the madness. It's time to put an end to bad shower food!

This month, we are raising the bar, and proving once and for all that baby & bridal shower food can be good. It can be amazing.

And because you're often trying to eat off a paper plate, using just one hand, while playing some ridiculous game with the other, shower food can also be Bite-Sized.

So start thinking dainty, and cute. Think pastels. Think white ribbons and baby booties. It's a cocktail party for all the brides- and moms-to-be out there...although this month, we may go easy on the booze! Finger food and fabulous drinks.

Because on March 17th, we're throwing the best-tasting Wedding/Baby Shower the web has ever seen!

There are more and more first-time guests arriving, so here's what you need to know about Blog Party:




What, in my opinion, qualifies as cocktail food:

  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten in less than four bites would be accepted.


All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 15 March: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on St. Patrick's day, 17 March.


Still have questions? Here's a fairly helpful guide.


Hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +
+ + + >

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker