Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Roast Chicken with Tarragon Juices

.



Is making one meal just so you have the fixings for another the sign of a foodie, or a crazy person?

Or are the two synonymous?

I needed both roasted chicken, as well as the carcass, for an upcoming dinner. That meant I needed to roast a chicken.

I used a Nigel Slater recipe; tarragon and smooshed garlic are mixed with butter, then spread all over (inside and out) a whole chicken. The next step is to add a glass of wine, but...well, I'm fairly certain we have white wine some place in the house, but at the time I made this, I had no idea where. And even if I had, odds were it was too high up for me to reach...so I used water.

I also chucked in some peeled and cut potatoes, because...well, that doesn't really need an explanation, does it?

The bird is roasted at a fairly high heat for fifteen minutes, then the temperature is reduced for another forty or so. Chicken gets basted during the process.

Very crunchy skin, nice roast flavor, very moist. Subtle.

And the left-over chicken and carcass are waiting for stage two...





Blog Party#19 is under way, and this month, we're taking Comfort in our favorite feel-good foods. Turn your favorite comforting treats to appetizers by Thursday, 15 February (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com), and hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + +

7 Thoughts for food:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a foodie... nothing wrong with it :) That is a beautiful roast chicken.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Kristen.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

If that's crazy then commit me. I did the same thing last week so we could have Enchiladas and this other thing I make that I can't remember what it's called (OMG that sounds so lame).

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Rachel Rubin said...

That roast chicken looks so good. I am on a quest for the perfect roast chicken!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Vanessa!

Clearly, you suffer from the same affliction as my geek husband...

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Chris!

Belated one to you, too.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Rachel!

Well, I can't say if it was the perfect one, but Matt really enjoyed it. And it did look good, didn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker