Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Birthday Cookie

.




I'd already made a cake for Alex's birthday party, as well as cupcakes to send to school on the actual day. So, for his much-smaller family birthday dinner, I was kind of out of ideas.

One of Alex's classmates share his birthday, and her father offered to bring in a cookie cake from a place in town. I told him I'd already planned for cupcakes, and would be happy to make it from both kids. Besides, there's really no substitute for my chocolate chip cookies!

But that got me thinking. Matt picked up a round pizza pan, and while Alex was at school, I made him this gigantic chocolate chip cookie cake.

He thought it was fantastic; a slice of cookie seemed, to him, the neatest thing ever.

And that's what matters, right?


On another note, I apolgize for not being around as much as you may be used to. For some reason, I haven't been spending much time in front of the computer the past few weeks. The prep for Alex's party had a lot to do with it, but I still haven't gotten back on track.
Also, I'm having the worst time posting photos through Blogger, and that doesn't help.

Anyway, I hope to be back to normal next week...so, don't give up on me just yet.




Tagged
with: + + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Acme Instant Food said...

Boy, oh boy that cookie would go so well with my coffee right now! Any leftovers???

I just posted an "I'm not dead" post because I've been in a very slow blogging gear lately. It happens! We'll be tuning in. :)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Since it's one big cookie does that mean I can eat the whole thing myself?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

AIF; there's plenty! That's one huge cookie.

Must be the spring-like weather, huh? How are things in your neck of the woods?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn; that's between you and your waistline!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Heather said...

The cookie looks fantastic. I don't think I got any kind of sweet baked good for my birthday.
I guess my ice cream from Coldstone is supposed to count. But I would so much rather have this cookie.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I was lucky...Matt made a fantastic cheesecake for me last year.

Had to give much of it away, because I really wanted to eat the whole thing!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

i can totally vouch for the fact that nothing beats your chocolate chip cookies! alex must be one happy little boy! :)

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Aww...thanks, Barbie!

he was pretty happy it with it, though.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger vndshowell said...

Did you just use a regular CC Cookie recipe or did you modify?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Vern; it was my usual chocolate chip recipe, and it fit nicely in the pizza pan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker