Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thai Beef Salad

.



Matt loves Thai food. I'm not nearly as interested, but we have this crazy notion of making each other happy in this house...so Donna Hay to the rescue.

From her Modern Classics 1 book, a fairly straight-up dish. (Barely) Grilled beef, sliced and placed on salad of greens, red onion, Kaffir lime leaves, chilies, mint & parsley, and dressed with soy sauce, lime juice and a little sugar.

He loved it. I found it a bit strong, one of many reasons I don't go nuts for the stuff the way he does.

But, he was happy. Which was kind of the point.






Tagged with: + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger daphne said...

hehe. I made a beef salad recently too. It's a great fulfilling meal!

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No e-mail subscription link? Your in my feeds but I like e-mails when there is new content!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Avory said...

Ironically, I leave this message on the beef post, haha, but I wanted to let you know about the new vegetarian foodblogging challenge I’ve started, called A Vegetarian Feast. The first round’s theme is A Vegetarian Thanskgiving Feast, and all details are at the following URL if you’re interested:

http://shortcut-to-mushrooms.blogspot.com/2007/09/first-vegetarian-feast.html

I'd love to have you participate, and if you know of any other veg-friendly bloggers please let them know (or let me know where to find them).

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, Daphne...great minds, and all that!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Megan...sorry, I don't have that set up, but maybe I'll start.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Judith!

That's sounds great...I will definitely come up with something for you.

You should really get this to some of the Indian food bloggers....they know meatless dishes like no one's business!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker