Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Pine Nut & Ricotta-Stuffed Shells

.



We've been hit by rather colder-than usual weather here. Normally, I'm still in short sleeves at this time of year. I tell my Northern relatives of making holiday dinner while wearing a tank top!

Not this year, though. It's been cold. I'm fine with that, having grown up with what can only be described as 'brrrr' weather. Lots of snow, lots of cold.



Which suits me fine, as I've been craving cold-weather foods of late.

Something we almost never make, and I'm not entirely sure why, is a stuffed pasta. But, I had a container of ricotta, purchased for some recipe that never materialized, and we had plenty of sauce remaining from my adventure in children's cooking. There's always pine nuts in the freezer, as well as some sort of grating cheese in the refrigerator.



Very basic: sauce, par-boiled shells filled with a mixture of ricotta, grated Asiago, toasted pine nuts and a couple of eggs, more sauce, and mozzarella; baked about 22 minutes.

Simple, warm and filling. Exactly what I need when the temperature drops into the twenties...






This month, Blog Party is creating Fusion...food fusion, that is!

Mix & match cuisines, get creative with your spices, and join the party! Entries are due THIS Thursday, 15 November; leave a link in the comments or send your URL to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yum! That sounds heavenly...

:)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger breadchick said...

Pasta Shells - check
ricotta cheese - check
asiago cheese - check
pasta sauce - check
pine nuts - check

OH BOY! I have all the ingredients for this!!! Guess who's having pasta for dinner tonight...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Shells are my favourite pasta shape, this sounds perfect for a cold night!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Erin! It was exactly what we needed.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, breadchick! Happy to help.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn; I like any large pasta shape. I love my pasta, so it'd better be substantial!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker