Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dinner for Teacher

.



Somehow or another, our conversations with Alex's teacher always turn to food and/or cooking. And somewhere in one of those conversations, I offered to make a dinner for her.

One day last week, when Matt dropped Alex off for school, he also toted with him a box containing a home-cooked meal.

There was fresh bread, and these lovely Cornish game hens using Lyn's recipe (made them before, and they were quite a hit).



An absolutely fabulous vichyssoise; I made sure there was a little left over for me. Yum. Too bad pale yellow doesn't photograph well. This stuff was fantastic.



The game hen recipes makes four, we cut it to two, leaving extra lemon slices. I added them to the roasting pan, and oh my...what a lovely carmelization!



That wasn't enough, so we also packed up some delicious wild rice with shallots and toasted pecans. This is addictive, making extra is always a good idea.

Teachers work hard, and are never paid what they're worth. The teachers at Alex's school are amazing. They're involved with the kids, make learning fun & exciting, and have an energy supply that's astonishing. So a making a few home-made dishes to show appreciation? As easy as A, B, C.




We're going a bit crazy this month: Blog Party#31 is a Fried Food Frenzy!

You have till Friday to get your fried finger food entries to me; hope to see you there.




Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

That's really really sweet of you to do. Teachers are often underappreciated for the valuable job they do.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger daphne said...

aww.. I'm with u on that one! Teachers deserve to be appreciated more!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank, Brilynn!

It's appalling how low-paid teachers are. And I'm very happy with the ones at Alex's school. It's the least we can do.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Daphne! They really do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker