Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Egg Salad

.



You may have noticed...we've been on a bit of a 'good yet simple' kick around here. I don't know the exact cause; perhaps the weather was too hot & humid. Maybe it was the batch of cookbooks I grabbed when planning menus.

Whatever the reason, we've been eating an awful lot of easily prepared, yet fairly good-for-you, dishes. Dishes that manage to be full of flavor, too.

This pretty little salad almost doesn't need a recipe...but I used one, anyway. This came from VEGETARIAN: The Best Ever Recipe Collection.

Bold statement, eh? I won't say it's entirely true, but the recipes are pretty good.

Parmesan & Poached Egg Salad

Um...about that. I'm not really a poached egg fan, so I dry-pan fried my eggs, instead.

Croutons are made by heating cubes of bread in oil, in a skillet. The same skillet is then used to sort of flash-fry minced garlic; just one minute.
This is poured over salad greens, topped with an egg, shavings of Parmesan, salt,pepper and the croutons.

Like I said, it's barely a recipe. But it is a nice plate to sit down to on a muggy, tiring, day.





You're invited to celebrate Blog Party's 3rd anniversary! Help make this a fantastic party, and bring your Blogger's Choice entries to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com no later than Thursday, 24 July. Hope to see you there!






Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger kellypea said...

Okay, Steph. I have it on my calendar. It'll probably end up being dinner one night since I agree that the weather is calling for going tasty and light. Oh, the possibilities...

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Great Kelly...see you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker