Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Layered Tortilla Casserole with Guacamole

.




This gloppy mess was good, took little time to make, and was practically a deconstructed chillaquiles.

Getting a helping hand from store-bought items, this comes together in no time.

Tortillas in a baking dish, topped with a mixture of refried (vegetarian) beans & salsa, then shredded cheese (Monterey Jack). More tortillas, salsa, and cheese; bake.

Serve with guac; just avocados mashed with lime juice and pepper.

Doesn't take much to fill up on this. I barely finished my portion-sized portion. But with flavor and add-in options, and ease of preparation, this is definitely a do-again recipe.





You're invited to celebrate Blog Party's 3rd anniversary! Help make this a fantastic party, and bring your Blogger's Choice entries to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com no later than Thursday, 24 July. Hope to see you there!






Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

I've sent in my entry for the blog party! =)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I got it...and replied. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker