Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

BBM: Indulge Me: SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED

.



Well, here we go. Today begins the busiest two months most of us face all year. Holidays, shopping, cleaning, cooking, entertaining, wrapping, decorating, stop, breathe, do it all over again.

All gearing up to hand us a nice big package of stress.

And while we already know we should latch on to some of those self-help phrases like 'take time for me', it's not something that usually happens.

Am I right? Show of hands now: who here puts everyone & everything first, with your own well-being coming in somewhere between "clean gutters" & "buy stamps".

Fine. I'll go first.

Ehem. "I confess, taking care of me falls pretty low on my to-do list".

Anyone else?

Which is why it's so important we do stop, take a break, relax & so on.

And this time, you'll be getting a little help from your friends, because Blogging by Mail is back.

BBM, that wonderfully crazy idea from Nic of Baking Bites, where food-loving bloggers from around the globe swap care packages, has returned after a much-needed hiatus.

The concept is the same: you send a box of stuff to one person, someone else ships one to you.

And this time around, we're sharing our favorite indulgences.

Your five 'Calgon, take me away' items; be it a chocolate bar, tea, recipe (and important ingredients), book, movie..whatever you turn to when you need to de-stress.

Box it up & share it with a new friend.


So, want to join in?

Here's what you need to know:

1. Be absolutely sure you can commit to this. By signing up for Blogging by Mail, you're promising to send a package to someone out there, and they'll be waiting for it. My goal for this round is for EVERY BBM'er to receive a box.

2. Have, or contribute to, a blog. It is called Blogging by Mail, after all. I'm sorry, but if you don't have one, you can't join. It's kind of the point. On the bright side, it's pretty easy to start up a blog!

3. Agree to write a post about, including pictures of, any package you receive. Every one of us gets a kick out of seeing what's being sent, so posting is important!

4. Fill out the sign up form below, and send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. If you want to be a part of this, add that address to your 'safe' list right away, or you could end up missing vital swap information! I will reply to your email with 48 hours, letting you know you're officially part of BBM.


Based on the last couple of BBM's, & the fact the holidays are coming, I'm limiting sign-ups to just two weeks. 100+ people takes this fun little event far away from the 'fun' side of things. So, if you'd like to join, do so quickly!




Match-ups will be made during the days after the sign-ups close; for the record, I do not do an A-to-B, B-to-A swap. You could be sending a box to England and getting one from Singapore!

In the days after sign-ups close, I will begin sending out your 'to send' information. If you haven't heard from me by the end of November, check your Spam/Junk mail folders. If you still don't see anything, send off an email to me immediately!


Sign-ups will be open until Saturday, 14 November.

Packages must be shipped by Saturday, 28 November.


***Double, and even triple, check your information before sending it to me. A missed number in a postal code, a typo in your street address, could be the reason you're left package-less!***


Official Blogging by Mail Form



Your Full Name (first and last)


Your Blog's Name

Your Blog's URL


Your Email Address

Your 'Real' Address (be sure to include postal/country codes)

Are You Willing to Ship Internationally?

Any Strong Dislikes, Likes, Allergies, Etc


If You've Participated in Past Rounds, if Possible Please Remind Me Who You've Been Paired With (to & from), So I Can Do My Best Not to Repeat!

Add any other information you deem pertinent, of course.




If you have any other questions, let me know. Now go on, start packing that box!

27 Thoughts for food:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Yay! I am in--just sent you all my info and I'm already planning my little bit of relaxation from paradise for someone. ;-)

Thanks for doing this again Stephanie--I know what a big task it is. Let me know what I can do to help!

Aloha,

Deb

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Nupur said...

Ooh, another BBM! I'm in, and am about to send you a mail.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Sam said...

this looks like fun - have never taken part in something like this before!! Have sent you an email!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Arlene Delloro said...

Oh, this sounds like such fun. I'm definitely sending you an email tomorrow. Thanks for hosting this.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Esme said...

Yeah-I have been waiting for this.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger breadchick said...

You're C-R-A-Z-Y for doing this around the holidays...

and that is exactly why I love you so much!

'course I'm in!

"official form" on its way.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Syazwi Aljabri said...

This is sound fun! Please put my name in the list with the others! and oh, I think the Official Form from me is now in your mail box! Go check it out!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Gabi said...

Wow of course I know you are superwoman but to add this to your holidaze- you rock!
I'll email you- I'm in :)
xo

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Deb; if I end up running ragged, I'll let you know!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Nupur! Great to hear from you.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Sam; hope you have a good experience.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Arlene!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Esme....I know! Just took me a while to get back into anything blogging-related.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick; I like to think it's E-C-C-E-N-T-R-I-C-I-T-Y, but that'll work.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

syazwi-aljabri; you're a BBM'er now!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Gabi; Superwoman, huh? I'd settle for Black Canary or Huntress, but thanks!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger HK Choo said...

Hi Shirley, I'm new to your blog, came here through bloghopping. Have just sent you an email with my details in joining this, looking forward to your confirmation, thanks.

Have a great weekend!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

HK: It's Stephanie, not Shirley but I got your email!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger HK Choo said...

Hi Stephanie, I'm sorry I got your name wrong. Thousand of apologies.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Gauri Gharpure said...

Hi, I came to your blog through Nupur's and find this to be a great idea!
Just sent you the official form and am pretty excited about this.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yippee!!! i have been thinking about sending you an email asking if BBM was going to come back!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

HK...no worries; it happens!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Gauri...got it!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie...glad you snuck in!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Anne said...

How in the world did I miss this?? Oh well, so glad to see you doing this again, even if I don't get to play this time around :) I look forward to reading all the posts!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh no....i can't believe I missed it...with a 5 month old in the house i have been so very busy...i have been wanting to do one of these for a long time...i guess i will have to wait to next time

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anne & Michelle B. (your comment, for some reason, refuses to publish): I know! I kept the sign-up window short so I wasn't stuck with 100+ again. If this one goes well, I will definitely do another round, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker