Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Crispy!

.

Finally, a fried chicken recipe that actually comes out crunchy.

I've been searching high and low, even tracking down 'clone' recipes for KFC and other places. No luck.

Until this time.

Using Michael Chiarello's recipe for Double Dipped Fried Chicken, we ended up with a pretty nice (and crunchy!) chicken.

This chicken is a lot of work, but the results made it worth it.

You marinate the chicken in balsamic vinegar and rosemary overnight. Drain off the vinegar. Toss chicken in buttermilk. Then, you coat the chicken in a mixture of arborio rice flour, semolina flour, and all-purpose flour, with a ton of ground pepper. Put back in buttermilk, the dredge in flour mix. Repeat. Put back in fridge for an hour, so coating will stick to chicken.

Fry in peanut oil. Nice!


Some roasted new potatoes, cooked in butter with herbs and salt and pepper, and a 'salad' of cucumber, avocado and carrot. Yum.

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker