Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Anniversary Dinner

.

So, to celebrate our three years of Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam... oops, sorry; wedding flashbacks!...we dropped Alex off with his grandparent's (who were quite happy to have him), and went to Sitar, an Indian restaurant mere minutes from their house.

And for the very first time, I remembered to bring the camera!

It's a nice place, and as Matt pointed out, unlike our other choice for Indian food, we haven't worked out way through their entire menu yet.

Of course, before taking our order, we were given some very peppery papadums and chutneys.



As an appetizer, we got (in my own humble opinion) the best cheese pakoras around, with a tamarind chutney. These babies are perfect: crunchy batter, a bit salty, and fantastic cheese.



The pakoras were almost finished when I realized we'd yet to take a picture!

Now for the main dishes: Matt got the Boti Tikka Masala, and I had the Palak Aloo.



Matt enjoyed his lamb very much (not sure about details; he was too busy eating!), but my spinach-potato dish was quite lovely. Biting into it, the flavor was very mild...almost mellow. Nice consistency. Then...Bam!...a back-handed kick to the mouth. And I'd asked for the mild. Still, very tasty.

And what meal would be complete without bread?



A big, fat, puffy poori for me, and plain naan for Matt. All yummy.

We did the good thing, and skipped dessert.

I know, nothing spectacular, but I did get a short time out with my husband, alone...

3 Thoughts for food:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie, happy anniversary to you and Matt! So nice of Matt to wait for you to take photos of the food on your special dinner. :)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Julia!

I'm lucky to have Matt for many reasons...and he completely supports my food blogging, so waiting a couple of minutes didn't phase him at all.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Erinna said...

I'm partial to garlic naan myself...mmmm...I'm jealous. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker