Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

A Nice Change

.

For Mother's day this year, I decided to give my mother-in-law something different. I usually come over with something chocolatey and rich.

So this time, fresh and light; a Mixed Fruit Tart.



A very short crust, with a delightful-smelling filling (those toasted almonds were divine), topped with preserves and kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, and star fruit.

My MIL loved it!

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Niki said...

What a fantastic idea! Perfect for mothers' day.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks; the in-laws practically devoured it. Always a good sign, eh?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Indira said...

What a nice dil you are. I loved the colors, I will definitely try making it.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira, please do! The smell of the frangipane was mouth-watering...

I've checked out your blog, and will be stopping by frequently; we love Indian food in this house.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it too! The arrangement of the fruit is stunning. :)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks...I really didn't know what to do with the fruit. I had a whole bunch of things: bananas, raspberries, grapes...I just kind of made it up as I went along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker