Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Over Easy

.

Day four: I get tired of cooking, and allow Matt to make dinner.

Tonight, Huevos a la Hacienda, or Estate Eggs.



Pretty simple, really. Lightly fried corn tortillas, topped with refried beans, a spicy sauce of both pasillas and serranos, a fried egg, and Jack cheese. Stick under a broiler till cheese melts.

Very homey...total comfort food. Hey...this could qualify as an EoMEoTE entry!

Grade: A+

2 Thoughts for food:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, I've never had Mexican food before. No, I'm not exaggerating. Ok, not unless you count that Bandito chicken tortilla wrap at KFC. Now you've got me all curious about authentic Mexican food!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, we certainly won't count KFC!

Mexican food is so incredibly flavorful...and you can use all sorts of meats, or go completely meatless. The sauces are incredible, and can be used to perk up almost any dish.

Rick Bayliss is a good start for Mexican (Mexico One Plate at a Time is a good start). I'm sure you'll like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker