Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

IMBB? #16-A Whimsical Breakfast

.

It's another Is My Blog Burning?, hosted this month by Seattle Bon Vivant, and featuring eggs.

As I recently told Julia of Aroma Cookery (so happy you're back, by the way), I've been scrambling to get my entries together for both IMBB? and EoMEoTE.

I wanted to do something as different as possible for IMBB?, and while the basic recipe isn't too spectacular, I think my entry, in full, is pretty neat.

Allow me to present Meringue 'Eggs', White Chocolate 'Bacon', and Almond Paste 'Toast'; a whimsical breakfast plate.

Using Maida Heatter's recipe for Meringue Mushrooms (minus the cocoa), I piped meringue onto egg-shaped patterns on parchment paper, baking at a low temperature for a long time.

I fused two 'egg' halves together with some white chocolate, forming my 'egg'.

White chocolate melted with a few paramount crystals, poured into a pan until cool and set, then cut into bacon-like strips, and painted with icing color.

Almond paste shaped to resemble bread, and painted around the sides and edges with icing color to create a crust.

Pretty simple, but very fun!

10 Thoughts for food:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie...this is so much fun..! It reminds me that one of my New Year's Resolutions was to get more humor in my cooking!! Now it's almost July..whatever...I'm working on a humorous post with my friend Erica "The Funniest Woman on the Planet" Ferencik (http://wakeupandsmelltheblog.com/)so stay tuned...

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Ana said...

How cool is that Stephanie! A very original entry. Congrats!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Stephen, it's never too late!

With a 27 1/2 month-old in the picture, it's hard not to get silly, even with food.

I'll be checking out your friend's (the funniest woman on the planet) blog; although I may need to wait till Monday...I should have recovered by then.

Thanks Ana! I try to do something just a little different...'cause that's the way I am!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

That is sooo cute!
well done :)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Clare Eats!

I had fun with it, which is what's important, right?

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Nic said...

I love this, Stephanie. It's so creative. Great Entry!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Nic. We all need to have a little fun, right?

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you almost had me fooled with the white "egg"! This is way too cool, except that the "bloodiness" of the "bacon" may be a bit too much for me to handle, heh. :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Julia.

It was a lot of fun.

I let the pups eat the 'bacon' and 'toast', not wanting to completely waste it.
The next morning, I found a big, red blotch at the end of the bed, where Donegal had snacked on a piece of 'bacon'. Silly pup.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Whew! I couldn't find you...posts automatically show up in my gmail account, so I knew you'd been by. But I had no idea where!

Thanks, Lyn!

I'll send an email...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker