Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Gung Hey Fat Choy!

.



Wishing a very happy new year to all my Chinese readers!!

We don't have the frequent flyer miles to celebrate with you, so Matt and I prepared out own feast.





Hot and Spicy Cucumbers

Chunks of peeled and seeded cucumber stir fried with soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and hot chile paste. Pretty tasty.



Vegetarian Hot-and-Sour Soup

Too many indgredients to mention (we couldn't find dried lily buds!)...I'm not usually a fan of this soup, but I liked this one.



Longevity Noodles

Simple and wonderful; Chinese egg noodles with mung bean sprouts, water chestnuts and snow peas, cooked with vegetable broth, sesame oil, and soy sauce.

I'm always a bit 'iffy' when it comes to thin noodles...I cook my pastas on the safe side of al dente...but I liked these. Better yet? Alex insisted I give him some, and he ate a few fork-fulls. Except, he mostly used his hands...!



Kung Pao Chicken with Cashews

Matt often orders Kung Pao Chicken (this recipe is actually for shrimp), but I've never tried it...till today.

I really liked it...mine was made with Veat bites...and surprising us yet again, Alex asked for the peppers on my plate! Red, green and yellow, he pretended they were a stop light.
Then he ate them. Goofy kid.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day...


Tagged with: , , , , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stephanie, nice spread, yet again.

my family celebrated the new year without me this year. for some reason, it's a bit more depressing than when i missed christmas. but, one good thing is that we finally found a good chinese restaurant here. yay!

anyway, happy chinese new year to you too!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I used to miss holidays with my family. then I realized I what I really missed was the idea of spending holidays with them!

I suppose you felt as we did when we finally found a good sushi place around here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker