Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Spiced Buttermilk Scones with Marmalade

.



I don't think I've made any breakfast treats for Matt since before the holidays. A girl can burn out after two big family meals, you know.

But Wednesday night, I found a recipe for Spiced Buttermilk Scones with Marmalade, and knew that not only would Matt love them, but I had all the ingredients handy.

Terribly simple recipe. Flour, sugar, baking powder, ground ginger and cloves mixed together. Add butter and mix till the requisite pea-size/crumbly stage occurs. Stir in buttermilk, knead, and quarter the dough. Roll each piece into a seven-inch disk. Over two disks, brush a melted butter/marmalade mixture (recipe called for orange, but I still have some of my lemon marmalade kicking around, so guess what I used?) not quite to the edges. Top with remaining disks, and seal edges. Brush tops with remaining marmalade, and bake till golden and cooked through.

Here's Matt's review: "Tender, lemony without being acid, just barely sweet. A hint of complexity due to the spices, but nothing too challenging. Very nice with green tea."


Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and remember: Blog Party entries are due today!




Tagged with
, , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt really liked them, and they're so easy to make!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

Yummy! I love buttermilk breakfast foods.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger sailu said...

Stephanie,thanks for sharing this simple recipe.My son loves scones and this one with spiced buttermilk is just what I would make.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sailu...you're welcome!

I hopy your little boy likes them as much as Matt did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker