Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Grilled Salmon Salad

.



Let me tell you; this 'no dairy for three weeks thing' is already getting on my nerves.

Planning a menu for an entire week...without cheese? Harder than I thought.

Matt lucks out, though...he gets to try out some recipes I'd book-marked just for him.

One was Ina Garten's Grilled Salmon Salad.

Salmon filets are grilled, then cooled completely and flaked. Mix with finely diced celery, red onion, capers, dill, raspberry vinegar, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper.

Despite a fruit-flavored vinegar...he's generally not fond of 'sweet' in his food...Matt really liked this. And this salad would make an excellent sandwich.


Obviously, Alex and I couldn't share Matt's salmon. Instead, we had something dairy-free: lots and lots of sushi! Vegetarian potstickers and spring rolls, as well as some faux shrimp, made it a pretty big meal.



Alex scarfed down a couple rolls' worth of cucumber and avocado...that's my boy!



And give him a bowl of edamame, and he's a happy boy.




Tagged with: + + + +
+

4 Thoughts for food:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My obsession with Ina is new,in fact,I just got one of her cookbooks today.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I think you're going to like her, Emily; all her recipes are pretty easy to make, and use fairly basic ingredients. But they just turn out so good!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Stephanie, Who makes the foux shrimp? I always see shrimp recipes that look good but I hate shrimp-maybe I would like the pretend shrimo better!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Becky...there are several companies who make them. Do you have an Asian grocer where you live? That's your best bet...they'd be in the frozen foods section.

We have to make the drive to Atlanta to get ours these days, but we always stock up.

It's amazing what you can find these days, too...vegetarian crab, white fish, even squid!

What I can't understand is this: why hasn't anyone come out with a veggie version of the fish stick????
It's about the only non-shrimp seafood I ever liked, anyway...and how easy would it be?

Well, maybe someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker