Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bubbly Goodness

.



Sorry for the brevity; we've been busy. Same old excuse. And things aren't likely to slow down for some time.

Oh! And now, we're all getting sick. Heaps of fun around here, let me tell you.

So; it's really hot outside, one of our air conditioners has stopped working, and I'm compelled to crank up the oven to 400 degrees.

Clearly, there's something wrong with me.

I wanted to make bread, but not the standard sandwich bread. Something 'fun'.

I found a recipe for French Asiago Bubble Bread, which fit the bill.

The recipe was written for a bread machine, which we don't have. I winged it.

To the traditional yeast, water and flour, add beaten egg, olive oil, powdered non-fat milk, sea salt, and lots of grated Asiago cheese. When the dough's ready, break it up into fourteen pieces, then form each into a ball. Dip each ball in an olive oil/Asiago/garlic mix, place in a greased cake pan, cover with any remaining oil and cheese, allow to rise, then bake.

What you get is a wonderful, golden, flavorful bread. Fun to eat, too.

Hey; if I'm going to give up things I like to eat, I may as well get as many in as I can now...








Today is the LAST day to get those Blog Party#11 entries in! Show us what kind of 'Manly' appetizers and drinks you've made; just leave your entry here in the comments, or send them it me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com...hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not a big bread eater..but that bread looks so good i wanted to eat the screen!!

seriously though, no more baking bread if your air conditioner stopped working and its hot outside.. you could have had a heat stroke.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I was just thinking about a way to welcome the sun in my kitchen when I fell on your blog, proposing not only appetizers (perfect for BBQ) but "man food"! So I decided to participate (you know, "it's a question of honour", etc ;-)

This is the link for my little proposition:

http://passionfusion.canalblog.com/archives/2006/06/15/2096277.html

Thank you for...hum... everyting!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

delicious looking bread!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Stephane; you are most welcome here! Thanks for joining in, and sticking up for the guys...

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

HlfG; it was really good bread...and it smelled even better.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cameradawktor!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you.Then it is o.k Enjoy.
Vineela

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't gotten over my fear of the dough and made bread.Maybe soon.lol

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Vineela; just give me a couple days to catch up!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily; this is a good one. It's pretty easy, and doesn't require nearly as much work as some breads.

Just have at it, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker