Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Seeing Green

.

Despite a serious lack of rainfall, our garden is actually growing!


The tomato plants are flowering, and the (not shown) cucumbers, as well


Hot peppers, too


It's just possible that this leafy green thing will give us watermelons!


We went a bit mad with the basil this year...with a few of these


Some purple basil, because...come on; it's purple!


The photo's not great; but we also managed to get a couple of African basil plants going, too


Chives! I love chives.


We also planted lots and lots of mint. Can't recall which kind this is...possibly the chocolate.


or maybe Moroccan?


Apple mint...who knew there were so many kinds?


Even blackberry mint; wow.


And good ol' spearmint


Oooh; dill. This will be useful.


Wait! More mint...lime?

I can't wait for the first tomato...yum. Now if only this rain would stick around a few more days...




Tagged with: + + +

12 Thoughts for food:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Laura said...

we're praying this rain/ humid heat combo sticks around for a while too, the garden is explotding.

I'm jealous of all your mint! this year we started our massive veggie garden, next year I'll focus on herbs, I miss them. Chocolate mint, the only time I got my hands on any, was divine.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura, we've been promised rain every day for the past few, and upcoming, weeks. I think we've had...3?...days? Not even full days. Ugh.

This will be my first time with chocolate mint, but I'm so excited!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

stephanie
Your Blog is very interesting,thank you :-)

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Chanit; thank you so much!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really miss us having the space for a small garden.I have a few herbs in large pots,but thats it.
My mom gave me some cinnamon basil,I had never heard of it before.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emiy...space we have. Time to keep up with everything? Not so much!

I think cinnamon basil is one we attempted to plant, but it didn't survive. We lost a few during the early days, I'm afraid.

How was it?

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I love all the mints, and that purple basil is such a beautiful color. I hope to see you cooking with it soon.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sara...Matt already talking about harvesting some of the basil, so I'm sure it won't be long!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Impressive amounts of stuff growing! I can't wait until we can get something going at the new house!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe...and you have such an enormous yard, too! The house (what we saw of it) is gorgeous.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Wow, you've got quite the herb garden, and I've never heard of purple basil! I will have to see if anyone has that @ the local farmers market. Does it taste different? Would it be good in pesto or BLT's? It sounds intriguing. I'm a spice freak!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Camerdawktor; thanks!

I don't know about the purple basil...I've seen it now and then, but never tried it. Which is why I had to plant it!

We'll be harvesting some basil (and chives) this week, so I'll let you know how it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker