Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Early Days

.

As we made our way through Virginia, and then into West Virginia, I did a little happy dance. Well, as best I could, what with me seated and safety-belted into the car, and all.

We saw signs for Eat'n Park!

Found only in the tri-state area of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio, Eat'n Park is like a Denny's or a Friendly's...only better!

Breakfast foods (24 hours a day, the way God intended), burgers, sandwiches, salads, and of course, ice cream and desserts. Like any number of always-open, family-friendly, restaurants...but there's just something about Eat'n Park, something special.

Maybe it's because I associated post-Pirates game refueling with those hearty plates of scrambled eggs (or cheese omelettes, or waffles...) and hash browns.

Maybe it's knowing how community-oriented they tend to be.



The connection, in my mind, at least, to Pittsburgh, and how much I love that city.

Or perhaps it's just their 'world-famous' Smiley Cookies!



This is one of their special-edition fish-shaped Smiley's; the every-day cookies are round.

And while I know I can bake as good a cookie as anyone might care to eat, you just can't resist those Smiley faces, can you?!




It's here! The very last day to join this very special, one-year anniversary, Blog Party!!


Today is the last day to get those entries in, and don't forget: we're celebrating a full year of appetizers and cocktails with a Passport Party. This month, we're traveling to our favorite places by way of the kitchen, with bites and drinks from our favorite countries. Entries are due TODAY Thursday, 20 July--I'll be watching my mail--and I'll post the round-up Saturday, 22 July. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, my first ever restaurant/fastfood experience in US was at Eat'n Park. We had one very near at a walking distance from our apartment in Pittsburgh. First one week, for 3 meals, we went there. Friendly service and waiters are kind people at Eat'n Park.:)
We have one here at Boardman, we often go there on weekends mainly for pancake breakfast.:)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira...how funny!

It is a good place to eat: good food, lots of it, and not a lot of money. And yes, the people there do tend to be pretty friendly.

Ooooh...I love their breakfasts. While we were there, Alex had pancakes, and Matt got eggs and bacon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker