Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Food for the Jet-Lagged

.

Sorry for the delay, but I think I have a pretty good excuse.



Yesterday, Alex started complaining that his ear hurt, and he was running a fever. I made an appointment with his pediatrician for this morning, but after Matt came home from work last night, the poor kid was getting worse.

We finally made the decision to take him to the ER. We were there a couple of hours, then had to get some prescriptions (he has a middle-ear infection). With the wait for the meds to be filled, and an attempts to get Alex to eat or drink anything (gotta love it when popsicles are doctor-prescribed), and finally into bed...it was after ten.

Meanwhile, from exhaustion, I suppose, my son did something remarkable. For him, anyway.

He fell asleep in the middle of a lit room, while I was on the phone!

He's never been one to sleep at any point unless it was nap- or bed-time, in his room, lights off. That's it. Never sleeps in the car, or naps on the couch.

Which makes the above photo a true keepsake!

He's beginning to recover; our visit to his pediatrician was more follow-up than anything, and he seemed to think Alex was already on the mend. Good news.

So, late post, yet fairly recent.

My in-laws had been in Oregon, visiting Matt's brother and his wife. They only got back...well, I suppose it was just before midnight last night.

I offered to have a meal ready for them, because in addition to facing bare cupboards, who really feels like cooking after a cross-country flight?!

Just finished, and Matt and Alex have probably delivered it by now:



Grilled Moroccan Chicken



with Curried Couscous, September '05 Bon Appetit

<

Moroccan Pumpkin & Lentils, October '06 Vegetarian Times

<

oven-roasted onions and garlic for



Roast Onion & Garlic Soup, Donna Hay's Flavours

I can't tell you how anything tasted; I just make it and ship it out. But everything smelled wonderful, as does the house.

As for us, we've decided to get an order of take-out from our favorite Indian restaurant tonight...I'm exhausted, I've already made (a) dinner, and we need time to get the dishes caught up.

Some nice dal or malai kofta, naan and a movie from Netlix; that's about all I can handle.




Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

3 Thoughts for food:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poor baby! The last time I had an earache was when I was a senior in high school, but it made me cry even then! Those things hurt. Glad he's feeling better!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Clare;

Thank heavens for the antibiotics and the drops!

He's so much better now, and hasn't once complained about the ear.

Thank you!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

John;

Thank you, for both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker