Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, September 25, 2006

So, Exactly Where do I Go to Order a New Immune System, Anyway?

.



Maybe Harriet Carter carries them. Or Lillian Vernon. Oooh! Maybe I can find it at the Vermont Country Store. Doesn't matter where, but I want one in cast iron, thanks so much.

When those oh-so annoying symptoms of (yet another) cold start to plague me, aside from OD-ing on Vitamin C, Zicam and (now trying) Sembucol, what else is there to do, but make an enormous pot of vegetable stock?

Onions, carrots, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, dried mushrooms, wakame, broccoli, green beans, pepper corns, salt, allspice berries, and various herbs.




Plenty of stock in the end, which I've used...at least three times so far.

By the way, that Sembucol? Fantastic stuff. It was recommended by one of the parents are Alex's school. Must thank her...

While Matt's been getting sicker and sicker, I've been...fine. Actually, more than fine. The stuff is pretty nasty...starts off kind of fruity, then finishes like Ipecac or something, but hey...it works!





Tagged with: + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker