Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Honeymoon Isn't Over

.



Our honeymoon consisted of a dream-come-true, blissful, week and a half driving around Ireland.

I ate a lot of really good food during that time, but I don't think I once had French toast.

Of course, in my cooking, it's less about what I like or want, and rather what I can make for the people in my life.

Matt and Alex need a good breakfast, and this Honeymoon French Toast sounded like a fit.

Slices of whole wheat bread were soaked in a slightly atypical egg mixture: in addition to the usual vanilla and milk and cinnamon, some sugar and maple syrup were added, as well.

Soaked just a minute, then cooked in a skillet with melted butter, about five minutes per side.

Dusted with powdered sugar, and served with maple syrup.

The insides were tender, but the outer part was very crispy. Very maple-y, too!

And after four and a half years? It may not be walking along the coast of the Dingle Peninsula, but who says the honeymoon has to end?





Blog Party#14 entries are due a week from tomorrow, and this month we're having a Kid's Party! Fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than next Thursday, 21 September...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yum, yum, yum... i love french toast!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

With this recipe, you really need to be careful to keep the pan buttered, or you'll end up with blackened French toast!!

Not quite so yummy...

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

why worry about the butter, i'm pretty sure the french toast isn't on my diet to begin with... ;)

like THAT'S ever stopped me.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt's family has a history of high cholesterol, he was just checked for it, and now the doctor 'wants to talk about it'. I may be cutting back on the butter very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker