Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Chili Steak Wraps

.



We're hitting one of my newer culinary heroes, Donna Hay, pretty hard this week.

Saturday night, it was this easy & spicy wrap.

Honestly, it took as much time to chop ingredients and assemble as cook the beef. That easy.

Tortilla (we had some super-sized, organic ones in the refrigerator) spread with hummus, then topped with lettuce, tomatoes (red onions, but somehow, we didn't buy one), and strips of chili paste-rubbed steak (I think Matt used rump; mine wereMorningstar Farms meal starters).

DH's recipe also calls for chili sauce, but trust me: you won't need it. We were both breathing fire with just the chili paste, and I even cut the amount down for mine.

But, the hummus and tomatoes served as a nice, and cooling, balance to the steak.

Twenty minutes, tops, and you've got a flavorful and filling dinner.



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker