Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's Greeeeeen

.



Donna Hay, again. Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Bake.

Her recipe was fine, but I like my spinach pulverized to the point it could no longer get stuck between teeth.

So, instead of rough-chopping the spinach, we ran it through the food processor, using that bowl to also add in the Parmesan, ricotta and sour cream, as well as the dill.

The difference that made?

Well, this is what we put into the oven:



And the photo at the top is what came out.

Donna's dish was considerably less...green, in the end. Still tastes good, though.



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sara said...

That looks delicious! I've never used a DH recipe, her magazines are so expensive here.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sara, it's really worth it to buy her cookbooks.

They're not nearly so expensive, they're packed with amazing recipes, and absolutely gorgeous to look at.

We use them all the time.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

Stephanie, I'm a huge DH fan, too - I love her recipes!

I even subscribed to her magazine and just so Sara knows it Brazilian money is not very powerful compared to dollars, but I could afford them - it was a kind of gift I gave myself. ;)

This pasta bake looks delicious - I love spinach!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I get them, too, Patricia. The cost used to be astrononmica, but late last year, a year's subscription dropped to something like forty dollars.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Why stop a good thing when you've on a roll? Bring on the Donna recipes!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, as it happens, Brilynn...we're doing another Donna recipe tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker