I've been tagged. It's a meme!
From Cakelaw, a get-to-know-me meme. I know I've done this one before, but as it's time-specific, it stands to be re-done.
Here we go:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Working as 'On-Air Talent' for a Top 40 radio station; liking the the work but hating the job and management/co-workers.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Getting ready to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Hey...that's what I'm doing now, too!
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. New find: Crispy Peaches. The apples are good, too...but oh, my. Those peaches are divine!
2. Barbara's Bakery Original Cheese Puffs. I've always had a weakness for cheesy puffs. These things are incredible; crunchy, real cheese, and not at all greasy.
3. Cashews. 'Nuff said.
4. Sugar snap peas. I've been known to Hoover them.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Pay off the house.
2. Update the house (it's pushing 80; a face lift and tummy tuck wouldn't hurt).
3. Sock away large quantities for Alex's college fund.
4. Go back to Ireland. Stay at Ashford for a week.
5. Feed my vintage clothing habit...
Five bad habits:
1. Allowing myself to be disappointed by certain individuals, despite knowing better, again and again.
2. Taking on too much, then stressing and wearing myself out, to get everything finished.
3. Giving in to self-doubt.
4. Spending so much time taking care of everyone else, that I forget to focus on me.
5. Too critical of myself.
Five things you like doing:
1. Reading...books. I live for books. And the proof can be found throughout our house, with the piles of books still waiting to find homes.
2. Listening to/watching baseball.
3. Spending time near water...oceans, rivers, ponds. Don't care. Like the water. Too look at, be on...but not so much go in.
4. Watching old movies. TCM is a fixture on our television.
5. Having some 'alone time' with Matt. Even if we just sit and read books, it's nice to have some quiet time!
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Stirrup pants. Unless you weigh 90 pounds, they don't flatter anyone.
2. Madras print. Blech.
3. Tapered-ankle pants. Hmm...I have issues with pants, clearly.
4. Rubber bracelets.
5. Not clothing, but bangs curled and piled several inches high!!
Five favorite toys:
1. Little Reynolds hand-vac; makes shipping baked goods long distances a much more viable option.
2. My record players. You may be living in a digital world, but I'm rather firmly planted in the past.
3. My teeny MP3 player...it's so small, however, I'm afraid I might lose it. Or accidentally swallow it.
4. My Febreeze Scentstories machine. The discs can only be found through Yankee candle these days, it seems, but I love what Alex calls 'the smelly thing'.
5. Immersion blender. Currently, I'm without one (not sure what we did to it, but it's in pieces now!), but my goodness, they're useful.
Not tagging anyone, but as always, feel free to play along.