Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Wonton Noodles with Chicken & Thai Peanut Sauce

.



Oh hey...look! Another Asian noodle dish. What are the odds...

This is a recipe that called for spaghetti (heck, it's in the name), but I have issues with thin pastas so we opted to use a wonton noodle instead.

Turns out, it wouldn't have mattered. The way the dish is prepared, still got soggy noodles.

Anyway...chicken (or Quorn) gets briefly marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, lime juice, oil, garlic & ginger.

Meanwhile, more soy sauce & lime juice, peanut butter, broth (we used veg), sugar, salt & pepper flakes simmer.

Grill the chicken (recipe says about 5 minutes per side; it took a lot longer when we did it); let it rest, then slice.

Cook & drain noodles, toss with sauce, chicken (which...uh...we forgot to do), & scallions (which...uh...we neglected to use); top with chopped peanuts.

Matt liked it. Alex inhaled it. I, of course, had noodle-texture issues, so Matt very sweetly dumped mine into a skillet & gave it a quick fry.

Strongest flavors were peanut & soy, so if you like that sort of thing & can handle very soggy noodles, go for it. Otherwise...maybe not worth your time.

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker