Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Blog Party#44: Brunch...Worth Getting Up Late For, Again---The Round-Up

.



Welcome to another Blog Party post-mortem! Forty-four parties, can you believe it?

This time, it was all about Brunch...wonderful breakfast & lunch-y items, served up in little bites, fantastic (and often fruity) drinks to go with.

It's been gorgeous here: sun shining, warm, trees & flowers in bloom. So I wanted decorations that mirrored that whole 'awakening' thing.

Light & spring-y; I found this pretty magnolia pattern to decorate the table. From napkins




to runners



candles!



And music...of course, there's music.

Brunch foods naturally lend themselves to coffee, so what could be more appropriate than Peggy Lee's Black Coffee?




I could not pass on this one: Juice Newton - Greatest Hits. Queen of Hearts, anyone?



Ok...stretching a bit, but why not: The Chieftans 9: Boil the Breakfast Early.




We had a good-sized group this time; clearly, brunch isn't just my favorite meal!








Our first guest, and a nice & early one at that, was Bellini Valli.
BV is definitely a brunch fan, and if you had the chance to taste one of her Baby Spinach, Ricotta and Feta Quiches, you would be, too!

Trust me, they didn't last long...thanks so much for coming, BV!













Next through the door, Deb!

She's been on a rather admirable health kick lately, and she even managed to walk the straight & narrow here! Girl, I admire your restraint, I really do.
And yet, her Aloha Sunrise Power Bars with all that tropical fruit went like the proverbial hotcakes!
Personally, I loved the Papaya-Carrot-Orange Juice Shot the best, but that's just me.
Always glad to see you, Deb!















Natashya was next, sans puppies, sadly, but she more than made up for it with her Banana Pecan Honey Bread; mmmm. Just mmmm.
And those After Eight Cappuccinos got the group warmed up...in more ways than one!
Happy you could come Natashya...next time, smuggle the pups in your carry-on, ok?













I was very happy to see Melody again; it had been months since she BP'd, but life has that funny habit of getting in the way, doesn't it?
It was a triumphant return...in my opinion, at least...when she unveiled her tray of Mini Monte Cristos. Why these sandwiches are so delectably perfect, I may never know. Or care. Yum.
But there was great interest in her blood orange-based Morning Martinis; strong & beautiful.
Great to have you back, Melody!













Our next guest was a new face to BP; there was, of course, a very warm welcome for Suzie!
She may have been a fist-timer, but that didn't stop her from hitting a culinary home run with her Goat Cheese, Potato & Rosemary Tortilla. Nice
And to no one's surprise, her proffered Champagne was happily accepted.
Hope you enjoyed it, Suzie...and do come back!














Another new face as the doorbell rang, with the traditional welcoming of a fellow finger-foodie; hello to Irene!
Also knowing how to make a good first impression, she came laden with these lovely Braised Baby Artichokes with Garlic, Thyme & Parmesan, as well as this Raspberry Madness Coffee Cake. Good call!
It was wonderful to meet you, Irene; please come back again!











Our regulars may miss a party now & then, but it seems like 'brunch' brought everyone back...including breadchick!
She went all nostalgic on us, serving up some hearty Hunting Camp Hash, from the corned beef she'd made earlier. Score for family recipes.
Plenty of Irish Coffee to go around, keeping with our unintentional innocuously tipsy beverage theme!
Always good to have you here, breadchick.










We waited just a bit longer, knowing dear J would be by any minute...and there she was!
She's always worth waiting for, in addition to her wonderful company, she always manages to come up with interesting bites. No disappointments this time: Miniature Eggs Benedicts, little cups of Creamy Scrambled Eggs, & Smokey Tarte Flambe. Yeah, it went over well.
Nice White Peach Bellinis kept the party going...if my keeping you sane produces this? I'm happy to have the job!








I had a few dishes, too...keeping with that 'hey, its Spring' vibe.



Crostini with Chopped Egg & Asparagus

Crunchy bread topped with a tarragon mayo-flavored egg & asparagus salad.



Smoked Salmon Cake with Chive Cream Cheese

Pretty little morsels; pancakes that were essentially crepes, topped with a whipped chive cream cheese & smoked salmon, served with a mustard vinaigrette-touched salad.



Raspberry Jam-Filled Mini Muffins





Sweet & tiny muffins, harboring jewel-like bursts of raspberry jam.



Mango Lassi

Creamy, filling, sweet. Yum.



I apologize for my tardiness; though I suppose, with the theme of being a little slow & laid back, I'm really just following suite, right?

You ladies never let me down...your various interpretations of Brunch foods wowed me yet again.

Thanks to all of you, not only for joining in but for your patience!

Hope to see you all back next month...which, as it happens, is only days away!



Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger thepassionatecook said...

i can't believe i've missed it again - i send myself a reminder EVERY month and never get my entry ready in time. this round is especially annoying because i love my brunch and have tons of recipes worth sharing... instead i'll have to indulge in some of the wonderful recipes presented here - can't wait!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Thank you so much for letting me participate, that was awesome! I'm off to the kitchen now, this food is calling my name. :)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry you missed it...I know we would have loved anything you made.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Irene, you are always welcome here! Thanks again for coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker