Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Baseball-Playing Rockstar Batman-to-be Turns Six

.



Yikes! Today was Alex's 6th birthday, though he informed me he didn't feel any different from 5.

He wanted Pad Thai for dinner (beams with pride, his mother does), so we packed up the ingredients and our rather large wok & had Southeast Asian food with his grandparents.




Peanut butter cake, with milk chocolate frosting. Songs were sung, flames were extinguished (rather saliva-free, thankfully).




The cake; it was happily consumed.





And among the gifts? This very nifty Superman jacket!! Yes, he wants to be Batman, but that doesn't mean he can't like Supes, too.


Happy Birthday, little man. Stop growing up so fast, will ya?









This month, we're sleeping in a little late, but the party won't suffer...we're having Brunch!

RSVP by Friday, 20 March

10 Thoughts for food:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Oh, to be 6 again! Ha! Happy birthday, Alex!

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!
Stephanie- I have been reading your blog for 3 years or so, and when I spotted the 3rd photo, I could tell how Alex looks different from the first pictures on your blog. Even I can tell that he is growing up fast!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Ravi said...

Stephanie, belated birthday wishes to Alex and that pic with the Superman jacket on, certainly shows that Alex is growing!

Btw, we saw the birthday boy, the birthday cake and the gifts as well but what about the birthday dinner? Would love to see that too Stephanie!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

Stephanie,

He is just too cute!! Happy Birthday Alex, you're going to be a great super hero.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Happy birthday Alex! He has grown so fast - he was 3 when I first started reading your blog.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Jeff!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nupur...it's amazing, isn't it? I swear, some days I just look at him & have to ask "did you get bigger? I mean, since say...last night?" He always says yes.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

thanks, Ravi!

Well, if you look at that first photo, you can see the Pad Thai on his plate!!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Mary!! Now, if he can only make up his mind between Supes & Bats...

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cakelaw! Wow...has it been that long???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker